Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Ellen, Taylor, and Nat's Big Adventure!

     We were driving in Ellen's Jeep Grand Cherokee down Lookout Mountian after Bible study a few months after I had moved to Chattanooga, TN. The conversation went something like this, "I'm going to Central America this summer with a coworker, but when my coworker leaves I want to travel around Central America some more. You like to travel, want to come?" After I thought about it and fasted and prayed for 1.2 seconds, I said "SIGN ME UP!" and thus it began the planning of Ellen and Nat's big adventure! 
    I had no idea what the summer would look like for me, or where I'd be but if a trip was on the agenda everything else could work around it! Having a trip to look forward to kept me sane through the rest of the school year! 
    Summer started and I moved out of my brother's house. Since I was going to Central America for two weeks, I didn't want to sign a lease or spend money on a place yet. I considered living in a tent, but then my sister's coworker, who she had become friends with, and had introduced me to, said I could live with her. 
     Taylor knew of my travel plans, and expressed how she really wanted to travel as well! Me, wanting everyone to travel and have awesome experiences, invited Taylor to come on Ellen and Nat's big adventure! Call's were made, schedules shifted, mom visited bring a passport, and 24 hours ago a plane ticket was bought and we were both packing our bags! 
     We are now on a bus heading to Atlanta, where we will spend the night, and then leave at 7:40am to fly into Guatemala City. Once there we will meet up with Ellen and the adventure will begin! Starting in Guatemala and making our way down to Costa Rica! 
    I have no doubt this adventure will be one for the books! So stay posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment